Protainer and SMB on NAS

• Hi everyone,

I'll start by saying that I'm not super well versed in linux architectures (euphemism).

Just for context, I'm trying to run a Plex media server on my Raspberry Pi 4.

Kodi has no issue reaching the content of my NAS.

The NAS itself is an old repurposed machine running Xigmanas (12.1.0.4 - Ingva (revision 7894)). I tried setting up a jail with Plex running in it (worked fine) but the CPU usage and temperatures went through the roof (consistently over 95% of usage while I'm usually around 2%).

I then tried the Docker route with Protainer on the Raspberry Pi and the Plex server runs fine but I can't access the NAS.

I created the volume through CIFS in the Volumes tab but when I want to add it to a container I get the following error message:

Failure error while mounting volume '/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.system.docker/docker/volumes/Films/_data': failed to mount local volume: no such file or directory

I wasn't exactly sure how to deal with this so I tried to work around it by mounting the SMB share in Kodi with the following systemd script (which works fine):

But when I try to mount /storage/videos/ to my /mnt/Films/ mountpoint in the container when redeploying it (as a bind/read only), none of the files appear. The bind works with files that aren't mounted and permissions for each file is set to drwxr-xr-x which makes me think it should not be a permission issue.

There might be a glaring mistake in the above but I'm completely new to Docker.

Does anyone know how to sort this out?

Many thanks!

Madd0x

• For those who may have the same issue, just use the Plex app on the linuxserver.io repo, it automatically links your TV shows and Movies (/storage/tvshows/ and /storage/movies/) in Plex.

Madd0x