Hyperion with Raspberry 3b

• Hello,

I want to realize an Ambilight with a RaspberryPi 3B running under LibreElec with Kodi.

At KODI I found an Addon "Hyperion" and installed it and configured it with HyperCon LE. I see that HyperCon connects by SSH and sends my configuration file to the target. But there happens nothing with my LED's (WS2801 Strip).

Does this addon work on Raspberrypi at all? I have read here something but I do not know if this is relevant.

I know that it is necessary to activate the SPI interface by modifying the config.txt file. But I do not find this file at my system.

Can somebody tell me how to activate the SPI interface under LibreElec?

For Hyperion exists a smartphone app Hyperion, but this does not connect to my device address, port 8090.

Does this app work together with the Kodi Hyperion Add on?

And last not least, does the Hyperion Addon support other SPI ports than SPI0?

Edited once, last by micha (January 4, 2021 at 6:46 PM).

• most problems solved:

for those that are interested:

- yes it works

- still I do not know how to edit this file config.txt with SSH, but you can take the SD-card into a reader at your computer and there you find it in the root directory.

- to activate the SPI, add

Code
    # Ambilight Modul aktivieren
    dtparam=spi=on

and if you want to use another SPI-interface, eg. SPI1, add

Code
    dtoverlay=spi1-3cs

- in the smartphone app I had the false port 8090. The right one is 19444.

Remains my question, if it works on the Raspi together with KODI. I have the Ambilight working, but not together with the Kodi screen output.

My Kodi settings in HyperCon are:

- enabled

- IP 127.0.0.1

- TCP-Port 9090

- all menue checkboxes activated

Edited once, last by micha (January 5, 2021 at 11:24 AM).