Change wireless network type from manual to dhcp

• I have a 250 Mbit fibre to my house. My LE is running on a wired Cat 5 network today at some 100 Mbits/second. The IPTV freezes annoyingly often i yhink due to the slow speed.

I have access to a 5 GHz WiFi which should give me some 1,3 GGbits indoors and a full 250 Mbits to my LE. This 5GHz net is set to Type=manual rather than DHCP, and this can't be changed which is the problem....

In the "Connection" - section in LibreElec the network just sits there with the Type= "manual" and if I enter the network I have two options: "Connect" or "Update". I once was able to set this to "manual" but now it can't be set back to DHCP. Might be because it's not connected. And as the setting is wrong I can't connect to the router and change it. Catch 22, so to speak...

I consider this to be a bug, but these are only my 25 cents worth of opinion..

I have been searching far and wide with no success. So you guys are my last hope.

I'm running LE 9.2.6 in a Raspberry Pi 4. The installation is some 6 months old and has been updated in steps up to present level.

Besides this problem it works as a charm

Cheers and thank you in advance

Roger/Sweden

Edited 6 times, last by KRWaara (January 1, 2021 at 8:31 PM).

• Thanks for your reply.

I know how to SSH myself in to LE and I also know where to shut down the whole thing (LE + KODI) but how/where do I stop just Kodi?

R