Video lagging for 4K movie

• Hi all,

I need an advice for my current configuration.

I'm able to see all the films in my storage but I have issue when playing 4K movie, they lag and suddenly stop.

I see my CPU goes on 100% utilization, is my current hardware enough to play it ?

I have a:

Zotac ID18

CPU: intel Celeron 1007U @1.50GHz

Kodi version: 17.6

Your help is really appreciated

• CPU: intel Celeron 1007U @1.50GHz
    Is my current hardware enough to play it ?

I'm afraid the simple answer is "no".

As far as I can tell, that is a 7-8 year old Ivy Bridge CPU/GPU, that was not designed to do 4K movies, and certainly not the h265/hevc format.

Your device is simply not capable of doing those videos. I might do 4K videos but only in h264 format (my C1037 can do that).

• I'm afraid the simple answer is "no".

As far as I can tell, that is a 7-8 year old Ivy Bridge CPU/GPU, that was not designed to do 4K movies, and certainly not the h265/hevc format.

Your device is simply not capable of doing those videos. I might do 4K videos but only in h264 format (my C1037 can do that).

I supposed the same too, thank you for your feedback.

Just my last question:

I do not find on Intel C1037 reference any advice for video format support, is there a well know list of processor I can safely choose from? ( that support h265/hevc)

• The 1037 is just as old, just a tiny bit faster than your device.

If you want an Intel-based board similar to the 1007/1037, I could suggest any Intel J5005-based solution, such as the Asrock ITX boards.

There are also countless of Android boxes that can do 4K video.

It all depends on your other wishes and on your budget on what would be the right device for Kodi.