MCE keyboard IR remote

• Hi, is there a way to bring back mce_kbd in LE 9.2.6 on Intel NUC CIR?

If not, then is there a way to make, for example, xbox360 to send long presses to Kodi (kodi wiki says it works just for keyboards)?

Thanks for help.

• This is tricky. The only way to get proper MCE keyboard handling or longpress support for remotes is to disable eventlircd processing (for MCE keyboard you also have to enable the mce_kbd protocol via ir-keytable/rc_keymaps).

You can do that by creating an empty udev rule file (remove it to restore normal behaviour)

Code
    : > /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules

The drawback is that then several buttons, most importantly the OK button, no longer work - kodi doesn't support OK etc keys on a keyboard. You can fix that by doing key remapping via a hwdb.d file, search the forum for examples if you're feeling brave.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks, for reply. I already tried empty 98-eventlircd.rules

The problem is that this workaround works on RP4 and RP3 with TSOP receiver but it does not work on NUC with build in CIR or usb attached eHOMR MCE receiver. On NUC with that workaround, the only buttons that work are up, down, left, right and ok.

Is this possible that evenlircd is not bypassed with empty 98-eventlircd.rules in my case?

Thanks.

• More likely X11 doesn't cope with most button/keycodes, so you'd have to remap quite a lot of buttons/keys via hwdb or ir-keytable. Maybe some tweaking of x11 keymaps might also work (haven't tried that yet).

I don't have LE on x86 here but I just checked on my Debian x86 PC and the numeric buttons on the MCE remote don't work OOTB either (they send KEY_NUMERIC_0... instead of the typical KEY_0).

so long,

Hias

• Ok, thanks. Is there a way to execute long-presses with remote control that is not keyboard (mce_kbd) in kodi?

I am not desperate to use mce_kbd but I would like to have long-press back. I use Harmony remote so if there is a way with any remote then I can check if it's in logitech database.

Thanks.