MythTV frontend?

• I love Kodi and think LibreELEC is great! So there is no misunderstanding about that =)

But, the LiveTV of Kodi is not mature enough for me. I have for the last 6 months done everything I can to try to adapt Kodi to the way I want to use LiveTV. But there is simple some features missing and bugs left. And since I'm not a developer, and the people that are taking care of LiveTV in Kodi can't do everything immediately, I'm thinking of going back to MythTV frontend. The frontend is not perfect, but it has the basic LiveTV features that I need and use. I'm sure that Kodi will get there eventually too.

Anyway, now to my question. Since I want to continue to use Kodi for movies/series I would like to have MythTV frontend on the same Raspberry Pi3 that I use today. But is it possible to install the frontend on LibreELEC? Or is LibreELEC so streamlined for Kodi that there will just be to much work to get them two to live together?

• I would be interested in knowing what is missing in Kodi that makes it unsuitable for your use to view liveTV.

I would like to know what it is I might be missing, is all. ;)

• I would be interested in knowing what is missing in Kodi that makes it unsuitable for your use to view liveTV.

I would like to know what it is I might be missing, is all. ;)

Well, there are several small things. Most that I could live without, but would be nice to have. But the most important thing that doesn't work for me is skip/rew/ff in a LiveTV recording. If I have paused and would like to skip past some commercials I would have to select to record the LiveTV, quit LiveTV and start watching the in progress recording, then I could skip/ff/rew without problem. But then comes the next problem that Kodi doesn't understand that the in progress recording is growing. So it is very hard to know where you are and how far to skip.

But even in recordings not everything is good. Skipping works fine, but when you use REW at speeds higher than x4 you almost don't get any visual update on where you are in the recording. You have to press play and watch if you are at the right position or if you should rewind more. Not entirely that bad with FF, but some problems with speed above x8.

For now that is the big thing that severely cripples LiveTV for me. And since I use LiveTV a lot I'm thinking about getting back to MythTV frontend that doesn't have these problems. But would like to have both on my Pi3, since MythTV frontend can't even be compared to Kodi when it comes to movies and everything else.

• Well, there are several small things. Most that I could live without, but would be nice to have. But the most important thing that doesn't work for me is skip/rew/ff in a LiveTV recording. If I have paused and would like to skip past some commercials I would have to select to record the LiveTV, quit LiveTV and start watching the in progress recording, then I could skip/ff/rew without problem. But then comes the next problem that Kodi doesn't understand that the in progress recording is growing. So it is very hard to know where you are and how far to skip.

But even in recordings not everything is good. Skipping works fine, but when you use REW at speeds higher than x4 you almost don't get any visual update on where you are in the recording. You have to press play and watch if you are at the right position or if you should rewind more. Not entirely that bad with FF, but some problems with speed above x8.

For now that is the big thing that severely cripples LiveTV for me. And since I use LiveTV a lot I'm thinking about getting back to MythTV frontend that doesn't have these problems. But would like to have both on my Pi3, since MythTV frontend can't even be compared to Kodi when it comes to movies and everything else.

Thanks ;)

I think there might be some improvements in the latest version of Kodi that will impact on your experience.

I am not sure which is why I say 'think' ;)

• Well, there are several small things. Most that I could live without, but would be nice to have. But the most important thing that doesn't work for me is skip/rew/ff in a LiveTV recording. If I have paused and would like to skip past some commercials I would have to select to record the LiveTV, quit LiveTV and start watching the in get expert reviews of free slots no deposit and online games with no registration in the uk progress recording, then I could skip/ff/rew without problem. But then comes the next problem that Kodi doesn't understand that the in progress recording is growing. So it is very hard to know where you are and how far to skip.

Great explanation, thanks :)

Edited once, last by Tia White (March 3, 2017 at 3:48 PM).