Volume Normalisation with pulseaudio / swh-plugins or something like that

• Good evening Guys,

since years im using an old AMD PC (Phenom x6 1100t) as Mediapc with Linux (Fedora in this case). And since beginning im using pulseaudio in combination with the swh-plugins, because 99% of the Youtubers (and youtube self) are to stupid or to ignorant, or booth, to match the volume in the Video self to one level. So you can permantly rise or lower the volume. And this sucks if you have a decent Stereo Setup.

So, i wrote a Script decades ago, if i push Hotkey X, the "Movie or Music Mode" goes on, and the compression is deactivated, and the full dynamic range is active (the Standard). And if i push Hotkey Y, the "Internet Crap Mode" goes on, and every get compressed and the volume get the self level. No more screaming, whisper, bullshit intros or outros that to loud and so long.

But now i have a Problem. The Scenario i wroted, was the past (one Room, with two PCs, the mentioned mediapc and my desktop. A Mixer(? we call it in germany Mischpult) and a KVM Switch to control the Mediapc sometimes)

Now i build a House. And have now 3 Rooms each with a NON-Smart-TV (that was really hard to find a decent TV in this Time without any "im so smart crap" and without any "i make the picture so fancy modes") and a decent Stereo Setup.

And each of them, i want to control easy with a Remote from the Couch.

My first attemp was, to build 3 Mediapcs. But then i had the Problem with controlling. I dont wanted to use a Mouse Keyboard combo or something. And to turn it on and off again is a problem too.

So i start to search for a solution, and a friend of me suggest me the FireTV 4k from Amazon and lend me one. Great Stick. And works great. Especially the Volume normalisation.

I wanted to buy one, but then my friend told me, it isnt possible to use the Stick without a Amazon Account. I thought it wouldnt be a problem. Its simply a Android Stick. Root it and go. But that isnt so easy possible too without soldering.

After all the Experiments, i remembered that Kodi exist, watched on youtube how Kodi behaves and how it could be controlled and so long.... great! Buyed 4x Raspberry Pis, Remote controls, cases, SD Cards and and and...

Found out that libreelec is the best Option (and open source!) option to go with. Installed on all 4 Raspberrys, configured it. Created own design, and voila. Great. Works. Now i have little black boxes behind the TVs and the Kids, the Wife and I, are happy that it works nicely.

Long Story short....

Now im searching a way to install pulseaudio or something different. Or a Addon for Kodi or what ever, what achives the volume normalisation.

On normal Computers i simply install pulseaudio and the swh-plugins with the packagemanager. Wrote the pulseaudio config, and after pulseaudio restart everything is ready to go.

PS: Sry for my bad english. Im a old native german speaker :S