Should I update for codecs?

• I run Kodi via LibreElec on my Rpi2-B.

It doesn't look like I'll be able to play HEVC h.265 videos on this Pi. Would that be possible on the newest models?

I also have a problem with EAC3 but that's my receiver that doesn't permit that. As far as ports, I need straight up HDMI and some USB and nothing else. I don't watch anything over 1080p. While we're at it is there some other video watching program other than Kodi that has come along that I might be better off looking at for video playing?

• You already got the answer to your (identical) question on the kodi forum

I ask on different forums when I want a wider range of answers from different communities. Been doing that on forums for 20 years. Is that a crime?

If your receiver doesn't support E-AC3 simply don't enable E-AC3 passthrough in audio settings (it's disabled by default).

That I didn't know about. Thank you.

• I ask on different forums when I want a wider range of answers from different communities. Been doing that on forums for 20 years. Is that a crime?

With Kodi related forums (Kodi, LibreELEC, CoreELEC, OSMC, etc), a number of Team Kodi people are active on more than one forum. All those forums are more than active, and initial replies you will usually get within a few minutes to a single day. So no, it's not a crime, but when people are so impatient that they start posting on multiple forums, it can rub the wrong way and backfire on you.

You won't always get a wider range of answers. And more answers can also be more confusing to the one asking the questions.

• it can rub the wrong way and backfire on you

Sorry, I just don't think that's justified or sensical. I think a lot of people just don't know how to mind their own business.

You won't always get a wider range of answers. And more answers can also be more confusing to the one asking the questions.

Again, I think that's a matter of opinion. In my experience, and many people I know, it's a great way to curate and amass several opinions. Again, it's the internet, that's what it's there for. I see people do this a lot I don't take it upon myself to call them out. I should think someone saying, "I want a new download, why isn't it available" would be more concerning. But we can agree to disagree, I hope.

• That's a weird mindset if you want to visit forums for opinions and replies.

You know what I meant, I meant in the context of replying but with a massive amount of uncalled for attitude. I already thanked the person for their useful info. All I'm saying, which I shouldn't have to defend myself for, is that the being called out for something that isn't the end of the world is unfair.

Anyway, I'm willing to drop this now as this doesn't help anyone. Thanks for helping out, and for sharing your opinion.