SSV6051 Wi-Fi for T95M smart TV box - (S905X)

• Hello!

I've been trying to get Wi-Fi working on my T95M with the SSV6051 chip on LE 9.0.2 (LePotato official build) but I can't get it to work. The problem is that the ssv6501, is not in there, but I can see it in the 9.0.2 git tree (LibreELEC.tv/packages/linux-drivers/amlogic/ssv6xxx-aml at 9.0.2 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub). Probably LePotato does not have this package compiled-in? dunno

Question is, is there another 905X image with that package installed? If not, I have to compile it on my own. Can I get away with an "additional" package, or I have to rebuild the whole LE from the ground up? And if I do, how do I enable the ssv6501 package?

Thank you

UPDATE:

Was able to build the package and just scp the .ko and firmware using (assuming you are inside the libreelec git repo and on the correct tag/branch):

Code
    docker run -it -v $(pwd):/le ubuntu:18.04 bash
    apt-get update
    apt-get install vim gcc g++ make git unzip wget xz-utils libxml-parser-perl gawk sudo lzop bc
    useradd -ms /bin/bash ubuntu
    sudo -u ubuntu PROJECT=Amlogic DEVICE=LePotato ARCH=arm scripts/build ssv6xxx-aml

For the module installation (temporary):
    send build.LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0-devel/ssv6xxx-aml-1041e7d/firmware/* to /usr/lib/firmware

send build.LibreELEC-LePotato.arm-9.0-devel/ssv6xxx-aml-1041e7d/ssv6051.ko to home directory

and then from libreelec ssh: insmod ssv6051.ko

Edited once, last by dzervas (October 28, 2020 at 3:18 AM).