Remove nas as source leave fantom behind

• i once had a source pointing to my nas but each time my nas was poewered down this would generate a "cant connect to host error message on kodi startup.

I then remove the source and added local hd instead, same problem. Everytime i boot LE now k0di complains qbout not being able tomdonnect to the source. But there is no source to connect to anymore si ce i removed the connection, but it always co plains u less i leave my nas opened.

Is there a way to ssh that out ?

Thanxs

• Klojum yes sorry about this i do suffer ADHD and sometimes a bit of keyboard errors. Also i am french so translating as it goes :)

I first removed source the 'correct' way using the GUI and even though it seemed to do the job correctly (source was gone in the gui) as soon as i shutdown my nas, kodi will post an error message on powerup, obviously still looking for my nas.

I know that because if i power up my nas, error message goes aways and the other way around.

It is only after seeing that the gui onviously did not completely removed my nas that i went through the xml files removing any reference to it, there was no videos only music.

Thanxs

• I'd have to double-check it, but normally you wouldn't remove a NAS source as it is "the" source for your media files.

Also, a NAS is typically running 24/7 in order to access it at all times. Shutting it down makes it act like any USB drive you unplug from your computer. Sure, Kodi will complain that the media files are no longer available.

You'll need to think ahead before you setup your media files. Kodi doesn't like them being moved around, as the full path of every video file is stored in the database. Right now, there are also no easy tools to support the change of media file locations. Which is perhaps to blame on Kodi, but it is what it is.

• Yeah so i guess i will now have to suffer the high noise of my nas 8 hours a day during i work from home from now on because you said it must be so.

Must i add that the fact that i paid entirely for my nas gives me absolutely no right to run it as i see fit. I whould have asked you first, Sorry about that.

• so i guess i will now have to suffer the high noise of my nas 8 hours a day during i work from home from now on because you said it must be so.

Everyone's situation is different of course, but for starters, a NAS doesn't have to be in the same room with you. As long as you can place it "somewhere out of the way" with access to a network cable and a power outlet, you could even place it in an addict or in a basement.

Is the high noise from the drives or from its fan(s)? You could try to replace them with fans that have a slower, less noisy rpm setting.

I said 'typically', but if for whatever reason it's useless for you to keep the NAS on, by all means, turn on it only when you need it. Simply make sure that Kodi doesn't need it at that moment.