proftpd config file advanced editing - gets overwritten on reboot

• Hi,

I need to change some settings in the proftpd config file, as they aren't configurable on the UI through Kodi. I want to set Umask to "0 0", but the UI only allows configuration of the first parameter.

This is easily achieved over SSH, but on reboot, the config file gets overwritten again. I've tried setting the file as read only, but no joy.

Does anyone know what's causing this behavior and how to resolve it?

Thanks.

• Hi,

Sorry to bump a thread, but could anyone maybe point me towards the person who made the add on for Kodi. Unlike the other thread I have where the resolution won't switch, I literally can't work around this one. I've my PI4 ready to go and haven't been able to watch anything on it yet...

Thanks for any replies.

• OK, so a very helpful user PM'd me on here and pointed me in the right direction.

This file:

LibreELEC.tv/proftpd.start at master · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Is what is overwriting the permissions. You can go in here and comment out the umask part and that will stop it overwriting the umask.

This allowed me to set the Umask to whatever I wanted, however I believe when the software gets updated, this file will be rewritten and I'll lose this fix.

My issue actually turned out to be an issue with LFTP which I resolved, so I won't be going any further with this. I just wanted to highlight it as it's obviously going to be an issue for others who want to use advanced proftpd settings.