Buetooth joystick configuration

• Dear All,

I want to attribute scripts and system commands on a bluetooth joystick with functions (for ex. system.exec(), powerdown, ...)

But when I want to assign buttons via system-input, it's just for entries of an existing controller (up, down, right, left, A, B, etc ...)

The file written is located here : /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/

Here is the current file

I've tried to use the add-on keymap editor, it works well with a keyboard, but i want to use my joystick for this ... And assign my custom commands

Here is the joystick's user manual (because it have 4 functionnal modes that i want to exploit)

qygrytk9.jpg

Thanks for your help

• I post this solution that could potentially help anyone who need it in the future

On the principle, you must create an addon, to have a new joystick profile

I based myself on the SNES controller (/usr/share/kodi/addons/game.controller.snes)

And controller MSX keyboard (/storage/.kodi/addons/game.controller.msx.keyboard/)

So I created the corresponding files

You then need to create a file to assign the buttons to the Kodi functions (the predefined functions did not satisfy me in : /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps/)

The path for this file

/storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/customcontroller.ACGAM-R1.xml

This allows complete customization for commands

/! Pay attention to the syntax into the files, it’s very important (especially for the file in the /keymaps folder)

Once all this is done, you have to enable the extension (addon) in Kodi, I have also disabled the updates for this extension

A screenshot of my addon

8BcR7ZWN.png

helpful links

HOW-TO:Modify joystick.xml - Official Kodi Wiki

List of built-in functions - Official Kodi Wiki