Wifi settings in installer

• First of all, great program!!!! In OSCM it is possible to allready choose wifi with ssid and secret. That is verry handy. Maybe possible to intergrate this in the installer?

Edited once, last by Daniel2929 (November 2, 2016 at 1:36 PM).

• It's not really needed with LE as most (all but one) of our images boot directly into Kodi where the first-run wizard guides you through connecting to a network. All you'd do is replace one typing opportunity (password) with something earlier in the boot process where you'd need to input two things (password and SSID) and from experience it's better to reduce the opportunities for user input; too many fat fingers on keyboards :)

• It's not really needed with LE as most (all but one) of our images boot directly into Kodi where the first-run wizard guides you through connecting to a network. All you'd do is replace one typing opportunity (password) with something earlier in the boot process where you'd need to input two things (password and SSID) and from experience it's better to reduce the opportunities for user input; too many fat fingers on keyboards :)

Problem is input. I use kodi remote by example on my rpi. With no wifi, I must use hardware, mouse or keyboard, to get my wifi working. Better to get fat fingers on my Iphone with kodi remote, then to plug in a keyboard etc...

Edited once, last by Daniel2929 (November 2, 2016 at 4:35 PM).

Good afternoon. I installed LibreELEC 9.2.6 on the raspberi zero W, bad cable and HDMI-CEC did not work, I can not connect a keyboard / mouse, at zero W there are no full-sized USB ports. How to enter SSID/password WIFI when booting the OS?

Edited once, last by Udjin (October 22, 2021 at 9:20 AM).

• Good afternoon. I installed LibreELEC 9.2.6 on the raspberi zero W, bad cable and HDMI-CEC did not work, I can not connect a keyboard / mouse, at zero W there are no full-sized USB ports. How to enter SSID/password WIFI when booting the OS?

Fix the bad cable, then CEC works and (as previously described) the first-run wizard has the WiFi settings. Software complexity is never a fix for shoddy hardware. If you want a hardware solution, connect a UART cable to the board.

• I could not find a mini-hdmi with CEC support quickly, but a double cable from the motherboard helped me, I was able to build an adapter with an improvised method. I set everything up, thanks.

P.S.

By the way, I quickly installed libre elec on Rasberry pi 4b, where HDMI-СEC works, connected to my wifi network, then copied the created directory from /storage/.cache/connman/wifi_***** to the same direcory on Raspberi zero, but the wifi did not rise...

• ConnMan stores files in /storage/.cache/connman/<service>/settings .. the <service> directory name includes the MAC address of the local NIC so if you copied it from an RPi4 the MAC will not be correct and thus the settings file is ignored.