No audio through analog output

• Hello,

I have been searching for a few days now but I'm unable to find a solution to my analog audio problems.

I got a Dell Wyse 3040 that was discarded for a faulty system boot. I decided to experiment with it and installed LibreELEC on it in no time. Almost everything works perfectly the only one that I haven't figured out is the audio is not going through the analog jack connect to my amplifier (cable and amplifier works from smartphone, laptop and tablet devices).

The audio via DisplayPort to HDMI converter works well but the 3W built-in speakers are crap.

I google-d hours of reading but I cannot get much out of my finding. I consider myself advance user in Linux (running several type Linux servers at home, VPN, DNS, NextCloud, etc) but I cannot figure out this analog audio output issue.

When Kodi is set to ALSA: analog audio still gets out of HDMI (go figure out).

Board Specs (full details from Dell website)

BIOS: 1.2.5 (latest version available)

CPU: Intel Cherry Trail x5 Z-8350 with built-in graphics

RAM: 2 GB

Storage: 8 GB

Ethernet: 1Gb/s

USB: 3x USB Gen2 - 1x USB Gen3

Video: 2x DisplayPort

Audio: Universal jack (appears to be combo stereo + mic) and DisplayPort Passthrough

--Edit for audio chipset info: Realtek ALC5672

So I guess from these command I want these to be default audio:

I don't know what type of information (logs, Kodi settings, etc) you may need so I let you post any requests in your replies.

Some help is required I'm afraid and as I'm new to Kodi and I may miss the obvious, in that case sorry if I upset anyone. Going back to my search just in case I find something.

Edited 2 times, last by Skorium: adding details (August 21, 2020 at 5:17 PM).

• After further reading and other finding related same hardware, seems like this audio will be working only on Linux kernel v5... Sadly I didn't find any positive information to add drivers manually to LibreELEC, so I guess I will have sadly wait LibreELEC v10.