Intel NUC picture quality on updates past 9.0.2?

• I tried searching but couldn't find an answer and hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm running LibreElec 9.0.2 on an Intel NUC7i3BNK and it works wonderfully. However, every update since 9.0.2 has had the same picture quality issue. Instead of regular semi-deep blacks in the image, I get a much more gray, washed out image. Almost as if we went to a shallower range of dark blacks than before. Each time I upgrade, I notice the issue and roll back to 9.0.2, which doesn't have that issue. I also notice that the blacks in the menus are not as dark as in 9.0.2, so it isn't just a video playback issue. The only setting I know in the settings that might cause an issue is the "Use limited colour range", but turning that on only makes it worse. I would say that in 9.0.2, turning that setting ON makes it look pretty close to what 9.2.* looks like with it OFF.

Was there a driver change between 9.0.2 and 9.2.*? Any ideas what may be the problem and any suggested solutions?

Thanks in advance.

• Hello!

You are right settings Changed since 9.02.

Instead of switching kodi, Switch your TV's HDMI setting. (Samsung imageoptions: blackpoint setting from less to normal. For example)

Regards

Nicolas

• Nicolas-

Thank you for your reply. Nice to know that something did definitely change between those releases regarding my issue. I'll see if I can adjust things down and find a happy medium between Kodi and my other sources on that input.

Thanks again!

• On Samsung TV (because I only have Samsungs) you can adjust the setting for each Input Independently.

My setting is TV HDMI Black full (normal) and KODi also (Not Limited so the black is black Not grayish). The Image Looks Like before (Like with 9.0.2)

Hope that helps

Regards

Nicolas