Chrome is running but I'm not getting any display (after clicking addons, nothing happens)

  • Hello,

    I'm a new LibreElec user, Trying to revive an old PC by pluging it on my HD tv. I had to install a Asus ENGTX550 TI (it's an overkill, I think) since the on-board wasn't supported.


    I've installed LE 9.2.3 (Kodi 18.7) for Generic.x86_64 and I've been trying to have a working browser, in order to view some streaming services (Netflix style).

    I've Installed Chrome 9.2.0.102 addon (also tried 9.2.0.101 but I've got the missing library problem that was discussed in an earlier thread):

    I only have a few addons installed for the moment, so I might miss some that are very basic (for example, my Youtube API key isn't setup yet).

    I'm able to play my music and my movie library (I have a tearing image problem but that is another issue that I will address later...)


    The Download, install and start of process do occurs but, even after trying different settings (my hardware understanding is intuitive and quite incomplete), I am not able to get any Chrome window to appear. I've recopied below the processes that are running and the "service.log" that I am getting.



    If someone could indicate to me a direction to continue my troubleshooting, It would be much appreciated. Let me know if more information is required.


    Thank you in advance,


    Rezus.

    Edited 2 times, last by Rezus: added info related to xorg launch process ().

  • Chrome 9.2.0.103 and I’m experiencing the same issue.


    Next to above mentioned chrome log (similar entries I see):

    Code
    [1467:1504:0726/210441.660778:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
    [1467:1504:0726/210441.661380:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.GetDisplayDevice: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
    [1467:1504:0726/210441.661607:ERROR:object_proxy.cc(622)] Failed to call method: org.freedesktop.UPower.EnumerateDevices: object_path= /org/freedesktop/UPower: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files
    [1467:1497:0726/210501.136082:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")
    [1467:1497:0726/210501.136111:ERROR:bus.cc(393)] Failed to connect to the bus: Could not parse server address: Unknown address type (examples of valid types are "tcp" and on UNIX "unix")


    I have this in my /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log: perhaps related because it also complains about the DBus on freedesktop:

    Code
    2020-07-26 21:02:32.003 T:140341718470336 ERROR: DBus error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.freedesktop.UPower was not provided by any .service files

    Edited once, last by jeroen2 ().

  • Update to above mention about reproducing: seems Chrome does launch, you just have to wait longer and not touch any keys. I found out because I wanted to collect logs, so ticked "Chrome" and walked away to another machine to log in to SSH and get the logs, and meanwhile Chrome started.