Rebuild of Goobang X2

• Hi

I've been searching for some time for a method of updating the Android OS on my Goobang Doo X2. I believe the spec ([2G + 16G] GooBang Doo X2 Android 6.0 Quad Core TV Box Amlogic S905X 64 Bit, supports 4K (60Hz) Full HD/ H.265/ Bluetooth 4.0/ WiFi 2.4 GHz) may support Android 9 Pie. This is also bourne out by the external appearance which looks identical to the Beelink M18 TV Box, except the Beelink has a power button on top, and the fact there are links which talk about supporting USB on Pie for the Goobang (Goobang Doo X2 Driver APK [newest version] free download) and Pie on the Beelink. I do appreciate the Android device fragmentation issue, and the fact it can be uneconomical to provide builds.

I've tried using ADB and other tools to see the Goobang in recovery mode over a PC USB cable with no luck.

So this is a begging post - has anyone got a noob process for upgrading the Goobang firmware (if needed) and Android (if possible) please. I am looking to get this back to being a TV box after messing around with Kodi in 2017 and finding it no longer works after getting it out of the cupboard in 2020.

Further considerations:

1. Can something this old still work OK as a TV box on Sky or will it have to be hacked about with a VPN application etc.

2. Is it useful functioning as something else, e.g. a camera controller.

3. If its no good as a TV box is it worth rebuilding it with Linux or Android and running a version of MAME or similar as an arcade box.

4 Using it as a doorstop is not an option.

Thanks for any and all assistance, just hate to see it going to waste.

John