How can I upgrade LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2.img.gz to version 9.2 ?

• Hello,

How can I upgrade LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.arm-9.0.2.img.gz to version 9.2 ?

Auto upgrade does not upgrade and when setting to manual I can select a version but no downloadable packages ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thx and stay safe !

• Official Post

There is no LE9.2 for AML S905 (including Odroid C2).

The next version that properly support AML S905 is LE10.

Reason for that, we stopped investing much time into the rotten codebase (we used the very old and buggy vendor drivers and kernel that are provided by AMLogic) and shifting our efforts towards the nativ kernel codebase that has seen a lot improvements towards AMLogic.

There are already test images available, due a bug at ffmpeg they don't support hardware acceleration yet.

• There is no LE9.2 for AML S905 (including Odroid C2).

The next version that properly support AML S905 is LE10.

Reason for that, we stopped investing much time into the rotten codebase (we used the very old and buggy vendor drivers and kernel that are provided by AMLogic) and shifting our efforts towards the nativ kernel codebase that has seen a lot improvements towards AMLogic.

There are already test images available, due a bug at ffmpeg they don't support hardware acceleration yet.

! beer is on the way :thumbup:Cheers - Can I download / play around / test with the LE10 version ?

Edited once, last by Ivesh (May 7, 2020 at 7:07 AM).

• Official Post

LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-10.0-nightly-*-*-odroid-c2.img.gz files contain mainline u-boot and are designed for writing to SD card or eMMC module. You cannot update older installs as we move to extlinux style boot which has different files in the first/boot partition. Clean install is required.

NB: The image in Index of /testing/ has better playback performance than current nightlies due to some experimental ffmpeg changes and other bits. Don't pay any attention to version numbers of files in that folder, only dates count.