Amazon Echo homebrew with LibreELEC

• Search please, this has been covered already :)

Do you mean these threads?

LibreELEC
    LibreELEC
    Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon

I did search, but didn't find an answer to my question.

What I want is to install Amazon Echo Homebrew on my LibreELEC/Raspberry Pi system. I know it is possible to run the Alexa skill on Kodi, but would it be possible to make a all-in-one system?

This way, it wouldn't be necessary to have an extra device running the Alexa service, it would be run by one single RasPi.

If it was already discussed and I am missing it (damn!), please point me in the right direction.

• I'm looking into the exact same thing!
    In Germany the Echo is still not generally available. I can't just order it, but need an invite instead...

However after seeing over here How to Control Your Kodi Media Center with an Amazon Echo how you can control your Kodi media center I am very intrigued to get something like this set up.
    I found over here how-to-build-your-own-amazon-echo-with-a-raspberry-pi-1787726931 how you can use a Raspberry Pi as an Echo device.
    For libreelec users already running LE it would only take a mic and setting this all up. However the guide from lifehacker only tells the story when running raspian on the Raspberry Pi.
    Any chance one could port this to run as part of LE?
    I would like to assist if there is a point in pursuing this idea.

• +One. there seems to be a lack of disambiguation between

1) Adding Kodi "Skills" to an existing Alexa instance
    2) Creating an Alexa instance using a Rasberry Pi + USB Mic + Linux distro (e.g. Pixel)

I think the latter sometimes called "homebrew" is mistaken for the former. Is there a recommended existing thread for item 2 above?
    As suggested I did search for both the github location URL and "AlexaPi" neither yielded results beyond this post.

Edited once, last by frownbreaker (April 27, 2017 at 7:28 PM).

• +One. there seems to be a lack of disambiguation between

1) Adding Kodi "Skills" to an existing Alexa instance
    2) Creating an Alexa instance using a Rasberry Pi + USB Mic + Linux distro (e.g. Pixel)

I think the latter sometimes called "homebrew" is mistaken for the former. Is there a recommended existing thread for item 2 above?
    As suggested I did search for both the github location URL and "AlexaPi" neither yielded results beyond this post.

I haven't been here in a while, but here is my original question. You are absolutely right about disambiguiation. I wasn't asking about how to add Kodi skills to an existing Alexa instance, or how to create a AlexaPi. I wanted to ask if there is a way of combining both with LibreELEC. That is, installing AlexaPi as is done with Raspbian/Pixel and use the Alexa skills on Kodi in just one single system. There would be no need for a second Raspberry Pi just for running Alexa.

So, returning to my original question: is there a way to do this, and is there any work being done in this sense in the LibreELEC Dev community?