A64-plus

• Hi, i search the old image of libreElec 9.2 for A64-plus but i don't found, only 9.8 with kodi19. All addons are builded in python 2 but kodi 19 only accepts python3. I try to compile the old version but they have errors that i don't know how resolve. For this I serch the image created for A-64-plus with libreELEC 9.2.

Thanks

• How did you even manage to compile the old version?

I tried to cross-compile 8.95.003 using the command PROJECT=Allwinner ARCH=arm DEVICE=A64 UBOOT_SYSTEM=pine64-plus make image. But this just gave me this error: ERROR: Project not found, use a valid project or create a new config.

For the newest LibreELEC the compiling works like charm, but still gives me an image with Kodi19.

But like you, I'd like to have Kodi18 for plugin compability until most devs updated their plugins.

So, how can we compile LibreELEC 8.X (or 9.2 with Kodi18) for the A64plus? I'd do it native on the board, but I don't know how.

EDIT:

I managed to get 8.95.003 to start compiling after copying the /projects/Allwinner folder from 9.2. Compiling did well for like 30 minutes, then stopped to prompt me for files to patch.

Edited once, last by incrazyboyy (March 21, 2020 at 4:43 PM).

• Finally I have left it because I provided it with version 9.2 to compile but it did not work, I provided it in many ways and nothing, in the end I have had to settle for kodi19 with 0 addons

• Kodi support for newer Allwinner (and Amlogic, and Rockchip) hardware is a choreographed ballet of very recent kernels, mesa, ffmpeg and Kodi (19) items. You can backport kernel, mesa, and ffmpeg to an older LE release fairly easily, but then the Kodi version will not support the kernel drivers and ffmpeg correctly. TL/DR; You need to stick with LE master images. There has been a lot of indecision among add-on authors due to a long/protracted noegotiation about how to handle the Py3 version bump. There is now firm clairity on that from Team Kodi, and while not all authors will like the decision made, the decision has been made so the way forwards is clear, and that should result in more add-ons being converted.