Updating Nexbox A95X to a newer Kodi?

• Sorry for all the dumb stuff I'll probably write but I'm a bit out of the loop so my understanding of all the things here may not be too great, to put it lightly :D So I have a Nexbox A95X running LE 8.2.3.1 for some time now and recently came across a few files which Kodi didn't manage to play for the first time ever. Thus, I started wondering if maybe there was some kind of update I could do to have a newer version of Kodi running on this LE (or update the whole LE?). When looking at kszaq's website though, it seems like the LE I'm running is the newest there is for S905X and browsing through the forum, it seems like there won't be any more. Is there no way to update Kodi, then and the current version is as high as it will go?

• LE is kinda in a transitioning mode while they work towards getting things up on the mainstream sources so there is a bit of slim pickings in most the amlogic stuff right now while their guys are busy...

There are a few around tho that have their own forks of LE so they can maintain some of the Amlogic boxes, just not sure who's got what so you need to do a bit of checking around.

I know that box is able to run the newest because i have matrix and the 18.5 running on it and it works fine, the issue is just things are kinda quite here in the Amlogic area which will probably change someplace down the road.

Trying to update the kodi version on your existing software is more work then its worth as you might as well just do your own build if your going to mess with that.

• Most of the various distro's work the same way which is, if there is something bootable in the sd-slot it will try and run that and if you take the card out it will then revert back to running the resident Android version that is on the internal storage.

• Most of the various distro's work the same way which is, if there is something bootable in the sd-slot it will try and run that and if you take the card out it will then revert back to running the resident Android version that is on the internal storage.

Oh i see - that's cool, may give it a shot then! Thanks :)