no voices after idle

• i've had the same setup for 5 years now. i have updated through each release, skipping betas, and everything has functioned as is. everything was working fine on 9.0.2. after updating to 9.2, i lose voices (and ui sound) after a while, but still have music in videos. upon booting, everything works fine. i can watch videos encoded in multiple codes (video and audio) just fine. but after letting it idle for a while or power cycling the amp or tv, i lose voices. the amount of time is random. if the surround sound goes to sleep and i wake it back up, sometimes i'll have voices , sometimes only background music. i'm assuming kodi is having issues with audio decoding, sending it through the TV into the amp. it's an asrock j4205 build, running through hdmi into tv, then into sony 5.1 surround sound (pl2 or basic filter). passthru or not, it does the same thing. i have downgraded back to 902 and the issue is no more. i tried upgrading again and the issue returns. for now i'm staying on 9.0.2 until issue is resolved or the next release.

UPDATE:

i decided to try the betas between the two stable release. 9.1.001 and 9.1.002 work as should. the audio outputs with voices as it should. however anything past those two have the same no voice issue. UPDATE AGAIN: never mind. they eventually started doing the same thing. i'm back on 9.0.2 now with no issues.

Edited 5 times, last by eliaslear (December 26, 2019 at 1:25 AM).