LibreELEC on RP4b to connect to a RAS

• Hallo

I am new to this topic...

I do have a NAS. I just bought a RP4b. It will be fixed line connected and headless operated via a Android Tablet and Desktop-PC.

The idea is to use LibreELEC/ KODI just to look pictures offered from the NAS via DLNA service.

Is this a practical solutions?

Is it possible to configure the Kodi "Desktop" just to offer the picture service?

to work/ configure with libreELEC I can use

• Windows Explorer "\\ip-of-the-libreelect-rp4b\"
    • URL ip-of-the-libreelect-rp4b:8080

How do I prepare RP4b so that I can work headless with the Kodi right after the first start?

• The idea is to use LibreELEC/ KODI just to look pictures offered from the NAS via DLNA service.

Is this a practical solutions?

Right of the bat... Kodi does not support (sharing) pictures via DLNA/UPnP, this happens only for videos and music. Simply because there is no (shared) database for pictures in Kodi. If you want to view pictures from your NAS, use a direct share from your NAS via SMB or NFS to your tablet and PC.

Kodi wasn't designed for headless operations, although you can send commands to a remote Kodi client.

Honestly, for viewing pictures only you do not require a RPi4 or a headless Kodi.