Plex add-on and CPU usage,

• Hi everyone,

Been a long time lurker, however, thought I would join in. i am using my old Android box which is an Amlogic S905x CPU. I had installed libreelec via USB then progressed to install locally on the box. All working well indeed! I wish I had found libreelec years ago, what a better way to utilise these boxes, Android that is installed on them in real bad sometimes!.

i have set up libreelec to use the Kodi Plex add-on. My pMS is being served up data from a NAS mount point, all working well. The issue comes in when out of the blue Plex is hogging sometimes 140% CPU, drops to 90% then holds for say 30mins to 60mins before returning to normal. This is when I am attempting to play a movie. The movie in question is 1080p (H.264), so no transcoding should be taking place via the Plex MacOS app.

Anyone seen this type of behaviour before?

Code
    PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND                                                                                                           
     3571 nobody    20   0  425572  46468  18464 S 140.3  2.5  14:41.94 Plex Media Serv   

/shrug