RP4 mythtv PVR addon??

• I have used RP3B+ and LibreELEC with the Mythtv PVR addon for years. It works just fine for playing MPEG2 HD TV recordings made on my backend using a HDHomerun networked tuner.

I wanted to duplicate this on a RP4 which I understand is only really supported by Libreelec 9.2.0 at this point. My RP4 is connected to a AV receiver which supports 4K via it's inputs as 3840x2160 30P. I have not tested plugging directly into the TV itself which can do 3840x2160 60P.

So when I use 9.2.0 on the RP3B+ I only have to set the IP address for my mythtv backend to get perfect playback on my recordings. If I do this on a RP4 I have horrible lipsync problems. Maybe 10-20 seconds behind.

Is this a settings problem? or do I need to wait for RP4 support to mature??

Jim A

UPDATE: Since all my content is 1080i or 720P, I forced the System -> Display resolution to 1920x1080p, Refresh rate to 60fps, and Audio - Allow passthrough to on.

This seems to fix the lipsync problem.

Edited once, last by jfabernathy (December 6, 2019 at 2:41 PM).

• I've been playing with this and have a better answer for anyone who cares. With kodi-pvr-mythtv I can make the audio and video in lipsync by leaving the Setting -> system -> display at the default resolution of 3840x2160 /30 and limit the GUI size to 1080p and then I make sure that Allow passthrough is turned off and in Settings - > Player -> set Adjust Display frame rate to Always and Sync playback to display to on.

• I can get smoother video by changing Setting -> system -> display to resolution 1920x1080 and refresh rate to 60. I also leave the Player setting to default. i.e. no syncing or adjusting frame rate.