RPi 4: Blank screen when switching channel or stopping stream

• Hi ,

I have an issue with my libreelec installation when watching TV.

My configuration is:

Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB)

Libreelec 9.1.501

Kodi Leia 18.4

Audio Video Receiver connected via HDMI

TVHeadend backend

The problem occurs when playing a stream from tvheadend using the tvheadend plugin. After the appearence of the following error message in the kodi.log:

Code
    ERROR: CMMALVideo::dec_control_port_cb Error (status=3 EINVAL)

One does not notice that there is a problem, everything keeps playing. But when you switch channels or stop the playback, all you get is a blank screen.

However, in the background the stream keeps on playing (in the tvheadend backend the stream is still active).

To me it seems that there is an problem in the way the error (status=3 EINVAL) is handled by the software.

In my case it mainly occurs when playing an video stream with AC3 audio enabled. If I switch to MP2 audio the problem occurs less frequent, but in that case I have no multi-channel audio anymore.

I do have a log with debugging information, but it is approx 45 MB in size. So please let me know what you want me to do with it.

The logfile contains the following info at the point the stream is stopped:

From the log file you might also conclude that the stream is still playing (the dropped packet lines).

I hope someone can have a look at this issue, because restarting kodi for every channel switch is not a nice option:).

I also have a Raspberry Pi 3B+ which does not have the problem.

Kind regards