Rpi3 and NFS boot

• Hi,

I am not sure where to ask this question, so I am trying here.

One of my kodi devices is a raspi 3. I would like to network boot it, but no luck (I have to confess, that I am using several other raspis witch pxe without problems).

I have dnsmasq and this is working fine.

I put all the files in /boot into a tftp dir on the server and it is booting. Then I copied all the storage files into a nfs-dir.

But now I am getting: error in mount_flash: mount_part: unknown filesystem

This is my cmdline.txt:

Code
    dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/nfs disk=192.168.1.10:/mnt/k/k/raspis/raspiez,udp,vers=3 rw ip=192.168.1.159 rootwait elevator=deadline

Could anyone please give me a hint?

I have been using kodi since old xbox-days, but now I am a little bit lost...

best regards,

Otto

• soleved by myself:

Code
    dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 boot=NFS=192.168.0.1:/mnt/k/k/tftp/192.168.1.5 disk=NFS=192.168.1.1:/mnt/k/k/raspis/raspiez rw ip=192.168.1.159 rootwait elevator=deadline debugging ssh
  • just saying, the netboot has a lot bugs and you should really use it with an sd card with the updated bootloader at it

I played with it in the past and there was A LOT strange bugs if I used it without SD/updated bootloader !