Bluetooth Dongle support question

• Hi guys,

i wasn't able to find any particulars on bluetooth dongle support for libreelec and Kodi. It should just work fine, but it doesn't.

Here is my setup:

I am currently running CoreElec with Leia due to the expired support for my "A96" (S905) box which unfortunately has no bluetooth built in. I bought a BT dongle with a CSR8510 Chipset.

This dongle does not work out of the box with my Kodi install. I have enabled bluetooth in the menu, but it would not show. I have tried several things via command line, but it would not work. In order to troubleshoot i have followed this thread here: [bluetooth] hcitool Can't init device hci0: Device or resource busy / Kernel & Hardware / Arch Linux Forums

I had a different error message, error 95, i think it was a connection timeout or something like that, can't remember for sure. Like in this thread, nothing would work.

What is though interesting with my dongle, is that i cannot use it under raspbian on my raspberry too. I basically have the same problems. On other forums it is suggested to install bluetooth bluez blueman, which i did not try in my raspberry pi, as i am unable to install it in libreelec. Having also trouble with my raspberry pi, i was thinking that this dongle might be defective.

Can you please tell me, if libreelec should actually be able to work with this dongle, or any dongle, or is it indeed a bit tricky if there is no BT onboard? Is there any list for approved dongles?

I wouldn't want to buy one from amazon and then send it back if it doesn't work either.

Thanks!