No Audio over HDMI and Video Stops

• Installed LibreElec on a Mini PC, Intel Atom x5-Z8350 Processor Fanless 4GB DDR/64GB eMMC,Mini Desktop Computer only to have YouTube videos (and probably others, haven't tested) stop after 3-5 seconds playing. Additionally, there's no audio, not even in the GUI (the usual clicks and such Kodi makes). It's plugged into a 1Gbps port, so it's not an issue with wireless signal strength.

Here's lspci:

Any suggestions?

Edit: Just installed the Twitch.tv addon from the official Kodi repo and same thing. Plays for a couple seconds and freezes. No audio. Kodi itself is still responding, I can pull up the menus, but the video stops playing.

• Have you configured the audio settings in Kodi ?

I hadn't. I just did and so far both audio and video are working now. My prior Kodi experience comes from Xbian, which worked without any configuration changes necessary. This new piece of hardware is an x86_64 proc (not ARM) so Xbian is no longer an option, hence the switch to LibreElec. Which is working great now that audio and video work. Thank you!

What version of Libreelec did you install ?

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.1.002.img

So with Xbian on a Raspberri Pi2, I was able to navigate Kodi using my TV's remote control. Is that possible with LibreElec?

Also, is there a way to launch a web browser? Chrome? Iceweasel/Firefox? I moved away from the PI because there are certain streams I'd like to watch that don't have Kodi add-ons, and for some reason I couldn't get Firefox or Chrome to run properly on the Pi.

Edited once, last by blueplastic (August 23, 2019 at 1:46 AM).

• I use a Logitech Harmony 650 Programmable Remote to operate all my components, including my Intel NUC running Libreelec. There are plenty of threads here discussing remotes and their setup. There is a simple USB device called Flirc USB that simplifies using your TV's remote with your Media Center.

I can't answer your question on web browsers. You'll have to start another thread or search for one discussing that. Make sure you don't ask questions on the Libreelec forum about illegal or pirated streams.