.NFO smb permissions weirdness.

• Hi guys hope you can help.

I'm running 9.1.002 pointing at a freenas server with a shared mysql DB

I realise this is probably old news but its just started happening for me. When I ask to export my library it fails and I get this message in the logfile

unix_err:'d' error 'Permission denied' ERROR: ExportToXML: Movie nfo export failed!

Now, i assume this is SMB/permissions related but this has only just shown up. I can happily watch/navigate all vids, files etc on the server and access the info from previous .NFO files, it just won't overwrite them.

It will create new .NFOs for files that need them, just not overwrite the old ones. So it doesn't seem to be a problem with access to the actual folder location.

The server itself is just set up as a jbod, with no user groups or accounts and the settings are all 777 (full access to anyone from any device on the network) - no passwords.

anyone got any ideas?

cheers

Edited once, last by ghoti77 (August 5, 2019 at 9:20 AM).

• An update on above If I go into the folder from a windows machine (or a linux for that matter) I can edit everything to my hearts content, move files, open, delete, create. I can also open the .NFO files and edit them too.