Redbear IOT pHAT Bluetooth support for Raspberry Pi Zero

• I have one of these Redbear pHATs that provide WiFi and Bluetooth to the Pi Zero. LibreELEC supports the WIFI aspect of the board very well but unfortunately the Bluetooth is not detect. It is detected in a standard Raspbian install. The requirements are:

The IoT pHAT requires SDIO and UART as the interfaces to the host MCU. For Bluetooth, you also need to enable Bluetooth HCI UART protocol H4 driver as module.

Running `hciconfig` on Jessie Lite returns:

Code
    hci0:    Type: BR/EDR  Bus: UART
        BD Address: E0:76:D0:DD:E8:77  ACL MTU: 1021:8  SCO MTU: 64:1
        UP RUNNING
        RX bytes:717 acl:0 sco:0 events:42 errors:0
        TX bytes:1532 acl:0 sco:0 commands:42 errors:0

and lsmod returns:

Any ideas what might be missing on LibreElEC and how we go about it getting it added. I believe that it is the same Bluetooth chip as the Rpi 3.

Thanks

• The WiFi stopped working over night too on LibreELEC so I need to get to the bottom of that now too. It was working very well to begin with :s

Will post some logs later if they reveal anything useful.

• WiFi seems intermittent still and the Bluetooth has yet to work. Grabbed some logs from a boot where the WiFi worked: ccjN

The chips used on this board are the same as those found in the Pi3 so I would expect them to work if all is well on the RPi3.

Tried the alpha (LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.007) and it is demonstrating the same issues.

• won't work, we don't include the bluetooth driver from the RPi3 in the regular RPi build.

You can do this yourself by building your own image, but it's probably not going to change in our official images.