timidity problem

• Hi, I would very much like to listen to midi on my kodi box. So I did try fluidsynth but it crash kodi, then I try timidity and it just dont play file. But with timidity I am able to have a log.

Here what it say:

I did put some soundfonts on /storage/ and did try them on the plugin config.

I did try to rename audiodecoder.timidity.so.2.0.1 to libtimidity.so but it get an init lib reference error (it's probably not the same .so maybe)

I did try to put some libtimidity.so I found somewhere else but it did not worked much

I did try version 2.0.1.2, 2.0.1.3 and 2.0.1.4 with the help of changing version 9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2, 9.1.001 and 9.1.002 but always the same error.

Does anyone with a working timidity plugin can tell me what they have in the directory : ~/.kodi/addons/audiodecoder.timidity

I only have those files:

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 767 Jul 27 21:16 addon.xml

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 55264 Jul 27 21:16 audiodecoder.timidity.so.2.0.1

drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 27 21:16 resources

Maybe the libtimidity.so is in /usr/lib{64} but not in my case.

btw the plugin openmpt work very well to play amiga .mod who are on the same smb share, and I'm using embuary on x86_64.

Thanks anyone who took the time to read my thread and suggest anything. Bye

Edited once, last by elbrunzy (July 28, 2019 at 2:49 AM).

• Hi, this is an update on my investigation. Unfortunately it still dont work.

Here is what I did today : I did try it on the 8.2.5 with the same error. I also try it on ubuntu with the same result, but this time I compiled libtimidity from sourceforge and copied the .so in the directory. Now I have the error : AddOnLog: Timidity Audio Decoder: Unable to assign function /usr/share/kodi/addons/audiodecoder.timidity/libtimidity.so: undefined symbol: timidity_Init.

I did try this on libreelec too but I wasnt certain the binary where compatible. Why it need libtimidity to boot from is beyond me, maybe for some reason it translate the .mid in a temporary .wave file before to play it? I think at this point I should try to contact spiff, the package maintainer.

For what it worth, on ubuntu, kodi-audiodecoder-fluidsynth work allright so maybe I should concentrate my effort at understanding why it crash kody on libreelec. Of course I want to remain on libreelec as this os really impressed me so far and I would deem it perfect for my htpc need should it was not of that minor annoyance.