Newbie - RPi4/Python/FanShim/No-Ip

• Hello everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm not stupid, but I am inexperienced with linux-like systems and programming in general.

I've got a Raspberry Pi 4. Got the latest Libreelec, loving life.

I have a Fan Shim, great little fan for the device. To configure it - you need to compile and run some python software. The instructions are written for systems running Raspbian.

Anyone got any clue on how I can get this working under Libreelec? I can SSH/Putty into it fine.

Instructions are here - Getting Started with Fan SHIM - Pimoroni Yarr-niversity

Also - on a RP3 - I want to set up a dynamic dns - such as No-IP. The Pi will be remote and I will dial in occasionally. I know how to configure that under debian - again, any pointers for doing that under libreelec?

Any help GREATLY appreciated

• Definitely would be nice to have some support for the fan shim. Given the near necessity of having some decent cooling on the Pi 4 and the shim being an absolutely fantastic solution for it, maybe we could get a semi-official implementation of the fan control service added into LE or at the very least an addon?