LibraELEC losing connectivity to network shares after awhile

• I've been doing fresh installs almost daily of LibraELEC because a day after a fresh install it cannot connect, loses access to windows SMB shares.

This only happend recently, within a month or possibly two. I've been using LibraELEC for years on my media players.

What happens is I install LibraELEC, and the media by going to add files, add network location, enter machine name and path, enter username and password, and it adds the share.

Then I add the media of that share. All goes well and Kodi scans the media and creates the media info, pics, titles, etc.

About 12 hrs later, i try to watch something, and it comes up Network Reset. If I reboot LibraELEC I get a ! that says Network Server Connection Down, or something like that, on the top left.

I then reinstall LibraELEC, and all is well again until the next day.

I checked SMB that I'm using SMB v2 lowest to v3 highest. No v1 although I tried all of them. Lowest 1 to highest 1. and up to lowest 3 to highest 3.

and all possibly combinations... no go.

I tried flipping off wired connection, static IP and dynamic no go... still doesn't work.

The only thing that makes it work again is a fresh install.

BTW.. .I also turned off auto-updates. on both the main and the add-ons.

Any ideas anyone?

I'm about ready to give up and go with OpenELEC... although I like Libra because it just works (or did) and it's simple

Thank you!