Raspberry Pi 4 B (1GB): No TrueHD or DTS-HD audio options

• Hi,

Just got myself a Raspberry Pi 4 1GB in preparation for my 4K HDR Christmas present.
    In the meantime I have a Pioneer 5.1 receiver which supports Dolby ATMOS, which I would like to use of course.
    With audio passthru enabled in LE (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-9.1.001), sync to playback disabled and display refresh rate set to 60 fps, DTS-HD and TrueHD are not shown in the Kodi settings.4Playback of TrueHD ATMOS results in a 5.1 PCM downmix being output - the work to do this causes even the Pi 4 to stutter.

Surely the Pi4's HDMI 2.0 output should support passthru of TrueHD and DTS-HD?

Please help!

• Thanks for that pointer, it would have taken me months to find out the information that audio passthru is not supported for DTS-HD and TrueHD on the Raspberry Pi4.

I would beg the admins to not lock this thread since it is a direct line to a specific problem.

Is the problem one of drivers or missing HDMI handshaking, or something else ? - It is said that "HBR audio support is planned for the future" and that it would be a matter of weeks rather than days. Surely it is just a question of squirting the raw audio stream at the AVR, or is some rocketscience involved?

Thanks in advance