Cannot update LE or boot from USB/SD on Chromebox

• Hello

I have a Chromebox:

CN60

Standalone

Running LE 8.2.5 (previously migrated from OpenELEC)

When I try to update to 9.0.2, I get the error message that partition size is too small.

I created both a USB stick (and a SD card) with 9.0.2 and stuck them in there and rebooted.

When I use the USB stick, it shows me SEABIOS menu, Syslinus 6.03 and continues booting from Hard Disk. The USB stick is recognized when I plug it in under Kodi.

When I use the SD Card, it shows "Press ESC to enter boot" which I do, but it continues booting from Hard Disk. I have tried 2 different SD cards, different USB sticks. I have tried formatting the media to FAT32 and FAT, with no changes. I tried 2 different USB keyboards and they work fine...

I went through the forums and some people had the same issue. Someone fixed it by taking out KERNELs from the LE distro and grafting them onto an OpenELEC image. I tried that with no success either.

I don't know where to proceed from here. I just want to update to 9.0.2 and continue using this box.

How do I boot successfully from USB/SD and wipe the drive and reinstall LE?

Thanks

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to switch USB ports around, used the front port and used the Wireless USB keyboard and was able to get the ESC keystroke recognized in time. Even the wired keyboard wasn't recognized in time.

Edited once, last by vinz0r (July 4, 2019 at 9:14 PM).