Regression LibreELEC 8.2.5 -> 9.0.2 : LibreELEC TV-playback now breaks on some common situations - Astra 19.2 reproducable

• If you have LibreELEC and DVB-S on Astra 19.2 you can reproduce this error.

On LibreELEC 8.2.5 i had no issues with tvheadend to watch live-tv with channels that switch local programm. There is even a test channel named Test-R that does this switch every few minutes when you need that for developing exactly such things. Just tune on this channel with your LibreELEC 9.0.2 and watch it freeze up: Test-R Frequenz, Pids vom Sender auf Astra 19.2° Ost

Kodi log when this happens ends with thousand of lines with "large audio sync error" and the screen is frozen.

example:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Da Flex , Memtest ran fine. Like written: 8.2.5 did not had thig issue. 9.0.2 have the issue.

smp , a .ts sample wont contain to my knowledge the channel jumping that causes 9.0.2 to freeze but works fine on 8.2.5 . I think there should be at least one person who can test and confirm that.

• Official Post

Da Flex , Memtest ran fine. Like written: 8.2.5 did not had thig issue. 9.0.2 have the issue.

That's good. Because other users don't have this issue, I still hold my memory theory.

To my knowledge, the GUI speed has been improved since LE 9.x. Multiple CPU cores are used for better performance. I think it takes more memory. Maybe the solution is to add more RAM. Check the used RAM (command "free -m"), and tell us a little more about your hardware.

• Why should i add more ram to a machine that does not do a video stream ID jump with tvheadend now on 9.0.2 but did it before on 8.2.5? The machine have already 4GB of RAM. Thats by far more then enough to just watch live tv!

• Why should i add more ram to a machine that does not do a video stream ID jump with tvheadend now on 9.0.2 but did it before on 8.2.5? The machine have already 4GB of RAM. Thats by far more then enough to just watch live tv!

Yes, 4GB should be fine. Maybe the unsupported stream is the cause:

Code
    2019-06-20 23:32:54.908 T:140374914340608 WARNING: OpenStream - Unsupported stream 1005. Stream disabled.
  • Long time gone, but - I have exactly the same problem. It occurs as well with that satellite, but for me only with one channel (rbb), and at one special sequence: when they switch from an entertainment show to the weather forecast (19:25/24/7). @avlkmhyd Do you have a solution meanwhile?