Resume of DVD .iso files doesn't work

• This problem has been bugging me for some time. I'd like to know if others can reproduce it. I don't even know yet if this is a bug in LibreELEC or maybe in Kodi itself.

I watch a lot of movies. Mostly, I make .iso rips from DVDs and then watch them later.

Some nights I get sleepy in the middle of a movie and stop it in the middle, intending to return and watch the rest of the movie the next day.

When I do return to watch the remaining (as yet unseen) part of a DVD .iso, Kodi/LibreELEC always offers me the option to resume watching where I left off.

This "resume" option works just fine in the case of .mp4 files, but for quite a long time now it is been failing entirely for DVD .iso files. Even if you select the option to resume where you left off, LibreELEC ignores you and ust plays the DVD .iso from the very beginning again anyway, which is rather annoying, because then I have to spend time seeking to get back to where I left off watching.

So, is it just me, or can others reproduce this bug also? If so, I'll file a proper bug report.

• Nevermind! I just checked Kodi 18.2 on Linux/Ubuntu and the problem appears to be present there also, so this is NOT exclusively a LibreELEC issue, and I will be taking it up with the Kodi people directly.