MCE remote not working after upgrade from LibreELEC 8 to 9.0.2

• Hi,

ever since the upgrade from LibreELEC 8 to 9.0.2 my mce remote isn‘t working anymore.

I already tried wrapping my head around the wiki page (Infrared Remotes [LibreELEC.wiki]) but have no clue what to do to make the remote work again

And I think LE is already detecting the remote correctly, even after the upgrate. It is just not working.

This is from before (LibreELEC 8)

Code
    ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:Driver mceusb, table rc-rc6-mceSupported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmpEnabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infraredbus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:0815, version: 0x0000Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

And this is from after the upgrade (LE 9)

Code
    ir-keytable
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event0) with:Name: Media Center Ed. eHome Infrared Remote Transceiver (0471:0815)Driver: mceusb, table: rc-rc6-mcelirc device: /dev/lirc0Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-5-sz jvc sony nec sanyo mce_kbd rc-6 sharp xmp imon rc-mmEnabled protocols: lirc nec rc-6bus: 3, vendor/product: 0471:0815, version: 0x0000Repeat delay = 500 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

looks pretty much the same to me :/

does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

cheers

Michael

• Make sure you haven't disabled eventlircd or have any other old configurations hanging around. If in doubt post the output of

Code
    ls -la .config .config/udev.rules.d .config/system.d .config/rc_keymaps

Also check with irw, ir-keytable -t and ir-ctl -r as described in the wiki.

Edit: and please grab the latest log ZIP from the Logfiles samba share and attach it here.

so long,

Hias

• Hi Hias,

thanks for your help :)

I've created two pastes on paste.ee with the output you asked for

1) LibreELEC 8.2.5

Paste.ee

2) LibreELEC 9.0.2

Paste.ee

I've also downloaded a fresh img file of 9.0.2 and put it on the SD to make sure that the issue isn't caused by a failed upgrade but the remote also does not work on a fresh setup of 9.0.2

cheers

Michael

• From the IR scancodes it looks like you are using a Zotac remote.

In LE 9.0 we reduced the numbers of remotes supported out-of-the-box (to avoid conflicts), but you can easily enable support for the Zotac remote by creating a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg file with the following content

Code
    * * zotac

so long,

Hias

• Hi Hias,

sorry, my bad !! :huh:

A few years ago I tried out a Zotac nano box for LibreELEC and I guess at that time I must have configured my harmony to act like a zotac remote instead of a mce remote.

I totally forgot about it as it has been working with my mce usb receiver since *facepalm*

This whole remote thing is pretty confusing. I remember that my original mce remote worked with the zotac box except for the on/off key. One might think that there is no big difference between zotac and mce. But obviously there is.

Anyways, thank you very much for your help !!!!

I switched my harmony to act like a mce remote again and now everything works fine :)

thanks again!

Michael