Add Arduino Leonardo Driver?

• Hi,

I was running Windows and I've programmed an Arduino Leonardo to read my remote control Ir signals.

I power the Leonardo from the purple wire on the PC power supply as that wire always has +5v. Since the Leonardo is powered all the time I can use it to turn the PC power on and off by just wiring a relay in parallel with the PC power switch. When it sees the remote power button has been pressed it just trips the relay. Works GREAT!

If it sees another key pressed then it converts it to a keyboard press and sends it in the USB port, so one eye does double duty - allows remote power on/off and allows the remote to control the other Kodi functions.

Unfortunately the keyboard portion doesn't work under LibreElec. A driver is needed under Windows. The Arduino documentation says no driver is needed if using Ubuntu, but they give no instructions on what to do if you're not.

It's very nice to be able to power the PC on/off. The Leonardo does trip the power switch for me, and I've installed a Flirc to handle the rest, but it'd be nice to get back to an all in one solution (and recover the Flirc for my Pi).

I'd be happy to share my Leonardo source code and do a project write up. I'd also be happy to send a programmed Arduino to a developer to use and keep when done.

Thanks!

Steve

• Cool. Can you show us dmesg and a kodi debug log when starting and doing a couple of button presses?

Turn on debugging in Kodi settings, then reboot, then use the remote, then ssh in and run

Code
    pastebinit .kodi/temp/kodi.log
    dmesg|pastebinit

Both commands will return a URL to your log file online which you should post back here.

• Here are the logs:

hZUL

DVOg

It had a WIFI adapter, wireless keyboard and the Arduino Leonardo hooked to the USB bus when these logs were made

I'm going to be losing quick access to this box as I'll be installing it at my daughter's tomorrow, however if further troubleshooting is needed, these things are CHEAP, so I'd be happy to program one and wire it up and send it along to someone for further playing (and to keep when done, they're so cheap they aren't worth the shipping, plus the troubleshooter should get something for their efforts!)

Thanks!

Steve