[SOLVED] Libreelec shows a black screen when I stop a movie that was playing in 24 Hz

• Hello

I'm running 7.0.2.007 build 007 on a S905 Android Box, the Nexbox A95X.

When I play a video file it plays correctly. My TV switches to 24 Hz mode and it looks great. The problem is when I try stopping the file the screen goes black, flashes momentarily then goes back to a black screen. Libreelec is still running in the background and if I start playback again the video starts playing and usually I can stop the file safely the second time but sometimes the issue persists.

I've found this only happens when the setting 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate' is enabled, which switches my TV from its normal playback mode of 720p60 to 24 Hz mode when I click a file. If I uncheck this option my display is kept in 720p60 and works correctly.

It seems something goes wrong during the switch between refresh rates. I'd really like a working 24 Hz mode if possible as it doesn't have the judder effect.

I enabled logging in the settings and copied the logfile off the Android box if that's useful.
    rVsbuYH2

Thanks for any help

Edit: 21-09-16
    I've looked into it this issue a bit more and uploaded another log file.
    8tzWt2gR

I played the file three times and the first two times the screen stayed black when I stopped playback. The third time the screen refreshed correctly and showed the Libreelec menu.
    Failed playback 1. Lines 533 - 804
    Failed playback 2. Lines 805 - 1070
    Correct playback. Lines 1071 - 1333
    I don't see anything standing out though.

Edit: 25-09-16
    Marked as solved

Edited once, last by LE2016 (September 25, 2016 at 2:05 PM).

• First, please read the rules on reporting bugs: LibreELEC

You shouldn't have posted this bug in General Support area since a) these are "Community" builds, not supported by LE team and b) I never look at General Support Forum.

In most cases I need full system log to look at the issue, Kodi log is not enough.

A workaround for you would be to use 1080p60 instead of 720p60 for GUI.

Edited once, last by kszaq (September 25, 2016 at 1:14 AM).

• First, please read the rules on reporting bugs: LibreELEC

You shouldn't have posted this bug in General Support area since a) these are "Community" builds, not supported by LE team and b) I never look at General Support Forum.

In most cases I need full system log to look at the issue, Kodi log is not enough.

A workaround for you would be to use 1080p60 instead of 720p60 for GUI.

As Libreelec defaulted to 720p60 and my TV is not Full HD I didn't think to try running at 1080p60. That seems to have fixed the problem I was having. I appreciate your help and the work you've done on this build. Thanks.