Why does the TVHeadend require the network-online service?

• Hi,

<context>
    I am using libreelec as a PVR on a Raspberry Pi 2 with a DVB-T USB stick and a RTC add-on with wake-up feature.
    Everything works correctly except when the Raspberry Pi wakes up while my home network is down: kodi seems to work fine but the TVHeadend service does not start, as it requires the network-online service… If it woke up to record something, then it fails to record it, and it also fails to program the RTC for the following recordings…
    Since I usually switch my home router at night (and it also sometimes crashes), this is rather troublesome…
    </context>

So I wonder why the TVHeadend requires the network-online service?

TIA,

--
    Nicolas

• I assume because tvheadend can use iptv and other sources that require the network to be up. If this isn't needed for you then just copy the systemd service file and edit it so that wait-for-network isn't required.

Code
    wget -O /storage/.config/system.d/service.multimedia.tvheadend.service http://pastebin.com/raw/tQyb45aM

• I assume because tvheadend can use iptv and other sources that require the network to be up. If this isn't needed for you then just copy the systemd service file and edit it so that wait-for-network isn't required.

Code
    wget -O /storage/.config/system.d/service.multimedia.tvheadend.service http://pastebin.com/raw/tQyb45aM

Thanks Irusak for your suggestion; that’s roughly what I did (I commented out those 2 lines, keeping them for reference) and it will certainly solve my problem.
    I did not figure out TVHeadend could use IPTV and, to be honest, it is not yet clear for me how one can configure TVHeadend for IPTV…
    But I guess most TVHeadend users do not use IPTV. So don’t you think it should be made an option to not require a working network connection or, even better, to detect whether an IPTV network is configured and then decided whether to require a working network connection?

Cheers,

--
    Nicolas