wifi thethering behind proxy

• Hi future helpers :)

I am using the rPi 3 with latest alpha. Kodi is behind proxy (squid 3), no username / pw.

Internet is available (youtube is working), but the wifi thethering has no internet.

Is it possible to enable internet via thethering behind a proxy?

Thank you in advance, all the best
    Martin

• Connman simply routes traffic from the private 192.168 tethering subnet to the internet connection (e.g. eth0) so the answer should be "Yes" as long as you configure proxy details on the client devices that access the tethered access point. The tethering config that you can set in Kodi only applies to Kodi itself not the whole OS. If it doesn't work you can do "touch /storage/.config/debug.connman" then reboot and tail the journal to look at what connman is doing (output is very verbose but somewhat human readable) in case there's an error, but I suspect there isn't anything. If it really doesn't work, it's probably not designed to work that way. The connman tethering feature is originally created for a mobile phone OS to create a simple mobile hotspot. It's not something that will ever be enhanced so if it doesn't work the solution is to get a proper wireless router..

• thank you for clarifying that :)

It helped me to understand that it was not simply inserting the proxy, I also needed to point out the server in the network sittings. Furthermore I missed the point to configure the clients, now it works.

As much I value 4/5 of your excellent post, the advice you might bite back.

cheers
    Martin

~solved~

Edited once, last by martin w (September 12, 2016 at 8:31 PM).