Playback stops after about 5 mins

• Hi All,

I have a problem whereby I start playing a video and after about 5 mins or so, it stops (as if someone pressed the stop button). I can resume it from where it stopped but it is very annoying. This appears to happen on all videos. The videos are stored on a central server and played on a Raspberry Pi 1 using nfs and the error in the log is...

Other bits of information....

1. manually nfs mounting at the OS level seems to make no difference

2. the same files work fine using other devices (a laptop and fire stick running VLC) both nfs mounting the directory

3. the same file stored locally to the Pi works fine

4. I have added the following to advancedsetting.xml

Code
    <cache>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <memorysize>139460608</memorysize>
    <readfactor>20</readfactor>
    </cache>

5. The Pi is wired to the router whereas the laptop and fire stick are connected to the same router but via wifi

6. This is a clean install of latest LibreElec (LibreELEC-RPi.arm-9.0.1.img.gz) installed using the LibreElec tool

I have found a number of people have the same issue but have been unable to find a solution.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Lee.

Edited 2 times, last by leenowell (April 24, 2019 at 7:44 PM).

• Hi All,

Quick update. I tried doing a controlled test of a fresh Pi restart then playing a video whilst monitoring the kodi.log file. The error "Read - Error( -14, read call failed with "F" )" appeared but didn't seem to impact the playing. The video continued playing for a few mins. I then turned the TV to normal TV (I assumed the video would continue to play in the background) and it paused the video but then when I flicked back to the Pi it continued. Going back and forth in the advert breaks the video seems to play fine. This morning, I then played it again and the screen froze then eventually knocked me back to the screen where I selected the video. Only thing in the log was

ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(videodb://tvshows/titles/9/?xsp=%7b%22order%22%3a%7b%22direction%22%3a%22ascending%22%2c%22ig$

The screen shows I have the video playing in the top right corner (it is not). I then selected the video that was supposed to be playing and the Pi has frozen. My ssh session is fine though and nothing in the log.

I will try and do another controlled test tonight.

thanks

Lee.

• HI All,

I managed to do a quick controlled test with full logging on. Attached is the log file. Looks like that error is the issue and Kodi just continues playing the cached file until it dies. Screen crashed as before but ssh is still fine as is the onscreen logging.

thanks

Lee.kodi.txt

• On the off chance, I decided to update the Ubuntu file server with the latest patches. This seems to have fixed the problem (or at least for now). The cache settings are still in the advancedsettings.xml file as per above. Hope this helps someone else.