How to change TV-recording folder in libreelec 9 ?

• Hi,

I installed libreelec 9 with PVR Backend VDR (on a SSD, connected at USB) - it works so far.

Now i would like to change the TV-Recordingsfolder /storage/videos to another Harddisk in the system.

This Harddisk ist mounted (libreelec) as /var/media/sdb5-ata-WDC_WD20EADS-00W, the Recordings are in 'tv'.

So I changed 3 times the Options for the Recordingsfolder to '/var/media/sdb5-ata-WDC_WD20EADS-00W/tv':

a) In the Option of VDR Backend. This alone didn't work, so:

b) systemctl stop kodi -> changed in file

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/resources/settings.xml

the line with VDR_VIDEO_DIR to

<setting id="VDR_VIDEO_DIR" type="folder" label="30024" value="" default="/var/media/sdb5-ata-WDC_WD20EADS-00W/tv"/>and

c) changed in file

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/settings-default.xml

the line with VDR_VIDEO_DIR to

<setting id="VDR_VIDEO_DIR" default="true">/var/media/sdb5-ata-WDC_WD20EADS-00W/tv</setting>

After systemctl start kodi this works (VDR Backend showing 'Planing Record' an 'Start Record', but not after Reboot of libreelec (showing only 'Planing Record').

How do I have to make the changes to another recordingfolder correctly ?

• You should really ask at the Kodi addon forum as this might be a bug.

I'm not familiar with VDR but if you can't get it working you can do this, as a work around but ONLY if nothing is in /storage/videos
    rmdir /storage/videos

If you get an error - it is NOT empty. So don't continue.

ln -s /var/media/sdb5-ata-WDC_WD20EADS-00W/tv /storage/videos

This will "redirect" all output from /storage/videos to /var/media/sdb5-ata-WDC_WD20EADS-00W/tv

To remove:

unlink /storage/videos

• Thankyou.

I already tried the 'trick' with a symbolic link, exactly how you wrote it, but this didn't work too.

I also tried another local folder, for example /storage/tv-aufnahmen , but .... you know.

So, if you think ist a bug, how/where can I ask the kodi addon forum ?

• Iridium: I saw these threads too, but there is no /etc/vdr Folder in my System, and there is no /etc/vdr/conf.d/00-vdr.conf File.

There also is no /var/lib/vdr Folder, there isn't setup.conf..

I only find

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config/setup.conf

but there is no option, to set VDR_VIDEO_DIR.

I installed

VDR Backend

VDR Cleint and

VDR Configuration.

Is there still something missing ?

Do I have to make a Channel Scan in 'VDR Configuration' addon ? I did it with a Channelscan in the ClientspecifiSettings within the OSD Menu of VDR.

hollyhenn: I don't use Aeon Nox, and don't find these Settings.

• So, there is a 4th location to change VDR_VIDEO_DIR...

I'm resuming, in my System there are the following 4 locations for a change:

1) Options in VDR Backend

2) /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/settings.xml

3) /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/resources/settings.xml

4) /storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/settings-default.xml

I editted --- only --- Nr. 2. After Reboot I saw, this changed automaticly 1) to the new Video Dir. But the result is the same: VDR starts only 'Planing' the Record, but it doesn't start the record.

I then also changed the Vido Dir in Files 3) an 4), but no success too.

Back to the '/etc/vdr/conf.d/00-vdr.conf' (Link in #4), which is not in my System.

I found 2 Files, which seem to start vdr Backend:

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/bin/vdr.start

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/bin/vdr.bin

/storage/.kodi/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/bin/vdr.bin --showargs

vdr: can't read arguments from directory: /etc/vdr/conf.d

-> vdr seems to look for config-Files in /etc/vdr/conf.d.

I would like to test this too, but /etc is read only and I find no way, to create a config File there :(