Temperature high (71C) in idle

• Hello,

I am more than confused about the temperature of my RPi while LibreELEC is in idle for days.

The RPi heats up to 71°C and I am allready use a small heatsink! I am not sure if this is in an acceptable range. How is the experience here in the forum?

On the RPi 3b+ runnig more or less a fresh installation of the latest LibreELEC (9.0.1 SD created with the SD Creator). I bought and use the MPEG2 and WVC1 license, only imported some MP3 from my NAS using the NSF protocol and activate the InputStream Addon such as Lame, Flac and WAC Encoder Addon. All from the implemented and offical repository. Pi is connect by 5GHz wifi.

As i said above the temperature of 71°C is reached while the RPi had nothing to do the whole weekend. It was more or less coincidence that i saw this value in the hardware section.

What do you think about?

Thanks and regards,

Fabian

• Certainly it is not normal - unless it's kept in a box next to an oven. Should be around 50°C in a well ventilated space.

Normally this is due to a misbehaving addon or some process that is over running.

Please provide output of

cputempand

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Thanks for your answer and sorry for my late feedback.

Because I had good experience with LibreELEC i switch back to an option i used in the past. I go back from NFS to SMB and this solves the problem for me. Temperatur in idle droped back to around 50°C and do not go above 65°C when the RaspberryPi is in use (Music with some spectrum gimmick and movies (mpeg).

I watch the behavior the last days and in this senses the system is stable now.

If you are interested, it would be ok for me to go back to nfs for the reason to generate a log file for you.