Windows 10 - Screen saver doesn't kick in when libreelec is up (maybe samba issue)

• Hi,
    When my Raspebrry pi is running, my Windows 10 never goes to screensaver, even though I'm not using it.

My installation :

• I have a windows 10 pc where my movies/stuff are stored
    • I share them using Samba
    • From my Raspberry, using libre elec stable version, I access these files (using Samba) to whatch them.

As long as my Raspberry is running (powered), my Windows 10 never start his screensaver.
    If I turn off the raspberry, it does.

I think it is a Samba/file sharing issue but I can't figure how to solve it.

Do you have any idea ?

Thx

• That's a Windows issue, so you better consult Windows boards.

Wow, thanks for your astonishing answer, amazingly helpful !

As it is caused by sharing files with Libreelec and how libreelec handle it (maybe) :

• I must no be the only one having this issue
    • Still pretty relevent as one hand causing the "problem" is Libreelec

• As it is caused by sharing files with Libreelec and how libreelec handle it (maybe) :

• I must no be the only one having this issue
    • Still pretty relevent as one hand causing the "problem" is Libreelec

LE is just accessing files using a standard protocol.

If Windows 10 thinks it can't activate the screensaver while shared files are accessed it is a Windows fault and has nothing to do with LE. So you're complaining in the wrong place.

Btw. Samba is a server application providing SMB shares on Linux. If you are sharing the files on Windows you are not using Samba there but Windows. If you access these files from LE using the SMB protocol Samba still hasn't anything to do with this. Samba is only in play when you access SMB shares hosted on LE.

Server Message Block - Wikipedia
    Samba_(software)

So do your homework before you lay blame on something that isn't even involved.

• So do your homework before you lay blame on something that isn't even involved.

Wow, forum vigilante strikes again.
    Ok buddy, keep it cool and civil.

I was just merely asking a question, hopping to have answers from people who might have encountered the problem, not a rtfm kind of answer.

Again, wasn't complaining, just asking.

Peace

• Samba sharing should have no influence whatsoever over screensaving. But then again, Microsoft may have invented something to screw that up.

Also, tone it down yourself a bit with the "rtfm kind of answer". If you don't want help, don't ask questions. Sometimes there is no easy magical answer to a question. If things are too technical, just say so. Just don't flip out at every answer you don't like.