LibreELEC installed to internal, can I remove it or update it?

• Some time ago (a year I guess?) I installed LibreELEC on two Android boxes, to internal memory. At the time I thought it would be a good idea, since the stock ROMs were terrible on both, and I saw no reason to stick with it. LibreELEC ran great, and still does on one of them. On the other, I tried restoring a stock ROM at some point and rendered the box unable to boot.

First box is a Mini M8S, this is the one that no longer boots. I've tried restoring it with AMLOGIC's tools both from SD and over USB with no success. I can no longer get it to boot to Libre on SD or USB either. I'm guessing there might be a way to write the proper partition table and files needed to boot over serial, but if so I was unable to find the info I needed to move forward with that. Is it just a paperweight now? lol

The second box is a H96 Plus. This one has Libre installed to internal storage and runs beautifully, so I'm afraid to mess with it at all right now. (It's my only working box at the moment) Is there a way to update LibreELEC on that one should I ever need to? Is there a way to get Android back onto it? There's a few Android apps I used to run on that box that I miss, and would like to have back on it if possible.

At this point I've about given up on fixing the Mini M8S and will leave the H96 Plus alone while it's working, unless I get something to replace it... lol I'll accept this as my learning experience, and stick to running LibreELEC on external storage in the future on any new boxes I might get. /shrug

• Regarding your Mini M8S box!

Did you try to flash your Android back using USB Burning Tools program?

For this task you need the following staff :

1.Male2Male USB Cable.

2.The stock Android image for your Mini M8S box.

3.USB Burning Tools installed.

• Hi guys

i found this post on the web, actually i have been trying to do the same, basically

i have installed over 2 years agora one of the first libreelc 7xx on the internal nand of S905 1gb mxq ott, i am looking to revert it back to stock

i have tried with usb on pc with usb bunring tool, but the hub connects and disconnects after 3 seconds.. its not the pc or drivers error as i can use it to update other mxq devices i have in the house just fine, just this one rrunning nand internal libreelec that is giving me this trouble, i have also tried using amlogic sd card maker with oficila stock but when i try to booth it from sdcard it loads straight into the libreelec kodi linux firmware on the box.

can someone give me some hints if i can upload and login via ssh to the box to try to restore it to the stock firmware?