Use USB Memory stick as /storage on Odroid C2

• Hi,

I was moving form an raspberry pi to the Odroid C2 and wanted to keep my /storage on usb drive so i have edited the boot.ini and the config.ini to allow this as follows.

I added an option test to boot.ini as it would be good not to have to edit it manually after every update.

config.ini changes at 15-21

boot.ini change at line 40

I guess boot=UUID=@BOOT_UUID@ should be used on line 40 as well for installation

I also think it would be better to use disk=label=usb_storage or some variation of this and make instructions in config clear that disk label must be usb_storage, however I could not get it to work.

S McConnell

• So manged to get the Label to work by making sure both the device name and the label command were in all caps as bellow

Code: boot.ini - Updated Line 40
    if test "${usbstorage}" = "1"; then setenv bootrootfs "BOOT_IMAGE=KERNEL boot=UUID=2222-2262 disk=LABEL=USB_STORAGE"; fi

so the generic boot.ini file would look as follows (again changes on line 40)

and as above the config.ini now has this block at line 15

Code: config.ini
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # 
    # Store user data on USB memory stick (not on sd-card/emmc)
    #   USB storage device must have a label of USB_STORAGE (in all caps)
    #
    #   usbstorage='1'
    #
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i recently updated to 9.0.1 MR i noticed that the update script did not successfully get my @DISK_UUID@ at line 11 in boot.ini. I believe this was due to it trying to get it from /dev/sda1 which may not have been mounted yet and therefor the update.sh script may need altered as-well to accommodate this option