[How to] Docker Jellyfin

• Jellyfin

Logo banner

GPL 2.0 License Current Release Translations Build Status Docker Pull Count
    Donate Discuss on our Forum Chat on Matrix Join our Subreddit

Jellyfin is a Free Software Media System that puts you in control of managing and streaming your media. It is an alternative to the proprietary Emby and Plex, to provide media from a dedicated server to end-user devices via multiple apps. Jellyfin is descended from Emby's 3.5.2 release and ported to the .NET Core framework to enable full cross-platform support. There are no strings attached, no premium licenses or features, and no hidden agendas: just a team who want to build something better and work together to achieve it. We welcome anyone who is interested in joining us in our quest!.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jellyfin works with the normal EmbyCon Kodi addon.

To run in a docker container:

1) Install docker

KODI: Addons → Install from Repository → LibreELEC add-on → Services → Docker

2) ssh into you machine: SSH

3) Get the jellyfin docker container

Code

1. docker pull jellyfin/jellyfin

4) Create a run-time script:

docker run -d \

--name jellyfin \

-v /storage/jellyfin/:/config \

-v /storage/jellyfin/cache:/cache \

-v /media:/media \

--net=host \

-e ServerIP=$(ip route get 9.9.9.9 | awk '{ print $NF; exit }') \

--restart=unless-stopped \

jellyfin/jellyfin

Where

-v /storage/jellyfin/:/config

* Is where jellyfin stores it database and configuration files *

-v /storage/jellyfin/cache:/cache \

* Is where jellyfin stores it's cache *

-v /media:/media \

*Is where your media is stored - LE auto mounts to this location - not too sure if it is required *

chmod +x <your script> and run it.

Now log in via a web-browser at <IP-address>8096

Once you are happy everything is running as it should, change “unless-stopped” to “always”.

Useful commands.

docker logs -f /jellyfin # Show docker logs

docker stop /jellyfin # Stop jellyfin

docker rm /jellyfin # Remove jellyfin container

docker ps -a # Show containers

docker system prune # Remove ALL containers (VERY DESTRUCTIVE)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've only tested on LE9 using RPi3 but should work for all other devices. If not - then /shrug I have no idea.

I've also only done basic testing, so if something doesn't work, you can ask here or for issues, ask on the Jellyfin issues page.

• 22-02-2019. There was a bug in the S/W reported Here where movies were not correctly identified (Using folder name instead of the movie name).

This appears to be fixed in the latest release. If you are affected by this bug just pull the docker image again to update to the latest version.

docker pull jellyfin/jellyfin

• This is where I get stuck.

when I run the .sh I get:

Seems I'm missing a lot.